The Quapaw Bathhouse on National Historic Landmark District Bathhouse Row in Hot Springs, Arkansas is a 24,000 sq.ft. Spanish Colonial structure originally constructed in 1924. In 2007 Taylor/Kempkes, Architects’ principal’s Anthony Taylor and Bob Kempkes partnered with two others to lease, rehabilitate and operate the structure as a bathhouse and spa.
The building is designed to LEED Silver and updated with 21st century features and accommodations within the historic structure. The project won the 2009 Excellence in Preservation through Restoration Award from the Historic Preservation Alliance of Arkansas.